Position: Health Assistant / CMA (male staff)
Number of vacancies: 2
Job location: Bajhang district of Nepal
Education Level: Passed HA or CMA from an educational institution recognized by the Government of Nepal.
Experience required: HA 2 years / CMA 5 years
A) Nepali citizen.
B) Passed HA or CMA from an educational institution recognized by the Government of Nepal.
C) Must be between 20 and 45 years old.
D) Experience in related fields and locals will be given priority.
E) Must be comfortable teaching boys about menstruation topics.
F) Not disqualified by other prevailing laws.
Documents to be attached: Candidate’s personal details, certificate of citizenship, minimum educational qualification, including group opening document and a certificate registered with the Nepal Health Professional Council, in accordance with prevailing Nepali law. The candidate himself should be fully accountable for the details mentioned in the application.
Basis of Selection: Selection will be based on an interview, educational qualifications, experience, municipal and provincial residency.
Salary Scale: 5th level facility for HA of state Civil service and 4th level facility for CMA
The male health staff function as key members of the Girls and Women’s program in School-Based Teaching (SBT) under HEAR Nepal. They will be responsible for teaching the schoolboys in classes 6 – 9 in secondary and lower secondary schools in Bajhang the contents of the brochure Kishor. They will work in close coordination and will support the nurses and the organizers. They will report to the District Project Coordinator based on a monthly work plan.
The male health staff will be full-time staff of HEAR Nepal; 100% charged to the Girls’ and Women’s Project.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in a 2-3 day training to learn to teach Kishor with modern teaching methods.
- Teach schoolboys in classes 6 – 9 for four hours about the contents of the brochure Kishor using the educational methods learned through the training and provided in a manual guideline.
- Report and file proper documentation and report to the Project office.
- Maintain daily teaching file/lesson plan registers.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the individual schoolboys.
- Work in close cooperation with the project team (male staff and organizers) in a responsible way, while actively promoting school-based teaching about Kishor.
- In addition, perform other job-related duties as assigned by the District Project Coordinator and other management team members.
- Work in any emergency situation if required.