Name: Lakshmi Raj Joshi
Date of Birth: 2016/05/7 BS (23rd Aug 1959 AD)
Address: Jayaprithivi Municipality, Ward No. 13, Bajhang District, Nepal
Correspondence Address: Kathmandu Metro Politician City-16, Banashthali, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: +977-1-4880603, 9841400919
- D. student, Centre for Social Medicine and Community Health, School of Social Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Master’s in Public Health (MPH), Faculty of Health and Medical Science, AAI-DU Allahabad India
Teaching and Training Experience:
- Teaching experience in Bachelor (BPH, BHCM), Certificate (HA) and paramedical course at different levels for more than 10 years.
- Conducted training courses for health professionals and middle level managers in public health, reproductive health, environmental health, and health system management, training programmes, health promotion and research work for more than 15 years.
- Worked in the field of public health from community level health facilities, district, and regional levels up to the Central Level Office as a clinician/community health worker, facilitator, manager, researcher, supervisor, monitor and evaluator and planner for about 35 years under the Ministry of Health and Population, Government of Nepal.
- Developed training manuals on training skill, management, and other training modules for health professionals and mid-level managers as a team member.
- Conducted research on health care waste management, menstrual practices in western Nepal, assessed water and food handling and cooking, including waste management for middle and low level hotels and marginalized communities in central parts of Nepal.
- Conducted a needs assessment of community and training needs of health workers for community development and for quality health services using PRA methods in various academic works as a programme manager.
- Research on the evaluation of the effectiveness of IEC/BCC materials related to safe motherhood and new-born health: production, broadcasting, printing, distribution and use, as well as a survey of occupational health hazards and problems of labourers in Nepal, as a team member.
- Conducted monitoring and evaluation activities of the MALA project and access to primary healthcare services for the most disadvantaged populations project of Merlin as a health expert of the Social Welfare Council of Nepal.
- Conducted a final evaluation of the Stigma Elimination Program of the Nepal Leprosy Trust (NLT) and the itinerary for RCP mid-term and VCP Wrap-up Evaluation of the Nepal British Medical Trust (BNMT) as a team leader of the Social Welfare Council Nepal.
Reports and Documents Produced:
- Dissertation on “Impact Study on COFP/ Counselling Training in Far Western Development Region (Dadeldhura, Kanchanpur and Kailali district) in Nepal”.
- Document on communication strategy (IEC/BCC/COMBI), guidelines, training manuals (mid-level managers, and health professionals), regarding reproductive health (safe motherhood, ASRH), research report, annual report of regional and central level, avian influenza, anti-tobacco and other public health policies and programmes.
- Male Participation in Reproductive Health: Masculinity, Human Behaviour Perspective in the Journal of Nepal Health Research Council
- Chhaupadi Partha: A Study of Socio-cultural Violence against Women in the Far- Western Development Region of Nepal in the Journal of the Nepal Public Health Association
Reproductive health seminar, Mauritius
Paper presentation on reproductive health in IASSH 12th and 13th Conference in Chania and Lucknow, India
First National Conference on Population, Kathmandu, Nepal, as well as various trainings, workshops and seminars
- Life member of the Nepal Public Health Association
- Life member of the Indian Public Health Association
- Life member of the Association of Indian Social Science and Health
- Life member of the Nepal Red Cross Society
- Life member of the Nepal Paramedical Association