Number of Vacancies: 2
Job location: Bajhang district of Nepal
Education Level: Passed Staff Nurse or ANM from an educational institution recognized by the Government of Nepal.
Experience required: Staff Nurse 2 years / ANM 5 years
Only women can be candidates for this position in this program.
An application must be written and submitted.
There is no charge for applying.
A) Nepali citizen.
B) Passed Staff Nurse or ANM from an educational institution recognized by the Government of Nepal.
C) Must be between 20 and 45 years old.
D) Must have a passion for improving the situation of girls and women regarding menstruation (MHM).
E) Experience in related fields and local applicants will be given priority.
F) Not disqualified by other prevailing laws.
Documents to be attached: – Candidate’s personal details, certificate of citizenship, minimum educational qualifications, including group opening document, certificate registered with the Nepal Nursing Council in accordance with prevailing Nepali law, a copy of the certificate specified in should be signed by the candidate himself. The candidate herself should be fully accountable for the details mentioned in the application.
Basis of Selection: Based on an interview, educational qualifications, experience, municipal residency, and province residency.
Salary Scale: 5th level facility for staff Nurses of state Civil service and 4th level facility for ANM
The nurses function as key members of the Girls and Women’s program in School-Based Teaching (SBT) under HEAR Nepal. They will be responsible for teaching the schoolgirls in classes 6 – 9 in secondary and lower secondary schools in Bajhang the contents of the brochure Kishoree. They will also distribute washable menstrual pads to the menstruating schoolgirls and their mothers. In addition, they will conduct a workshop with the mothers of the menstruating girls, providing them with a package of menstrual pads each, together with information about their use and about the menstrual cycle. They will also conduct a one-time 4-hour workshop in Chainpur with the FCHVs from the corresponding villages. The nurses will work in close coordination and support from the male staff and with the District Program Coordinator according to a monthly work plan.
Time: Nurses will be full-time staff of HEAR Nepal. They will be 100% charged to the Girls and Women’s Project.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in a 2-3 day training to learn to teach Kishoree with modern teaching methods.
- Teach schoolgirls in classes 6 – 9 for four hours about the contents of the brochure Kishoree using the educational methods provided in a manual guideline.
- Within the framework of the teaching classes, provide the menstruating girls with packages with 5 environmentally friendly, washable menstrual pads and instructing them in their use.
- Conduct informational meetings with the mothers of the menstruating girls, providing them with packages of 5 pads as above, and informing them about the menstrual cycle.
- Conduct a one-time 4-hour informational meeting with about 30 FCHVs regarding menstruation and menstrual hygiene (MHM).
- Report and file proper documentation and report to the Project office.
- Maintain daily teaching file/lesson plan registers.
- Maintain records of teaching materials in the inventory register.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the individual girls and mothers.
- Work in close cooperation with the project team (male staff and organizers) in a responsible way, while actively promoting school-based teaching about Kishoree.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the District Project Coordinator and other management team members.
- Work in any emergency situation if required.